OCEANS CONFERENCE ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated: 21 November 2017
Home > Oceans Privacy Statement
OCEANS Conference and its affiliate companies (which will be referred to as “OCEANS”) are concerned about privacy issues and want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes OCEANS’ practices in connection with information that we collect through our website and other company owned digital assets by OCEANS from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (respectively, the “Site”, “Social”, “Email”, and “App”, of which will be referred to as “digital assets”). Only digital assets under the OCEANS Conference brand and affiliate brand companies owned by OCEANS Conference, including third party providers and are specifically used to market OCEANS, its services and value, are subject to this online privacy statement.
By providing Personal Information to OCEANS Conference, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information OCEANS Collects:
· Full Name;
· Email Address;
· Telephone or fax number;
· Job title;
· Your organization or company of employment;
· Your country location or location of choice;
· Your choice of services needed;
· How you heard of OCEANS Conference;
· And other comments you leave;
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
· Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you e-mail alerts or newsletters.
· Send you important information regarding our digital assets, changes to OCEANS’ terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
· Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about our event, relevant articles or news, thought leadership, updates, etc.
· Allow you to communicate and interact with others through digital assets
· Enable OCEANS Conference business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing new services, enhancing the OCEANS website, improving the OCEANS events, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of OCEANS’ promotional campaigns.
· As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce OCEANS’ terms and conditions; (e) to protect OCEANS’ operations; (f) to protect OCEANS’ rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow OCEANS to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
OCEANS and its affiliate companies with whom you are interacting are jointly responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
· To OCEANS’ third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
· To third parties such as agents and distributers to facilitate the sale and distribution of OCEANS services which may include marketing communications.
· To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
· To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of OCEANS business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
· As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce OCEANS terms and conditions; (e) to protect OCEANS operations; (f) to protect OCEANS rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow OCEANS to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
· By you, when you participate in features on an OCEANS’ digital asset that provide the opportunity to interact with OCEANS and others (for example a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media). When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the digital asset even after you cease use of the digital asset.
Non-Personal Information We Collect:
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
· Browser information;
· Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
· Demographic information and other information provided by you;
· Aggregated information;
How We Collect Non-Personal Information:
OCEANS and OCEANS’ third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
· Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
· Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of OCEANS marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
· From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the digital asset.
· By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the digital asset, (for example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of OCEANS users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information:
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location).
If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, e.g., when we combine information you provide upon registration with Non-Personal Information to provide you with targeted personalized marketing, the combined information will be treated by OCEANS as Personal Information.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Collect IP Addresses:
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in OCEANS and third party supplier server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How OCEANS Uses and Discloses IP Addresses?
OCEANS uses IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and presenting content that is tailored to your country. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which the digital asset contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the digital asset does not imply endorsement of the linked site by OCEANS.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
OCEANS may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit an OCEANS Site. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to this Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
OCEANS uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under OCEANS control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding OCEANS’ use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
OCEANS gives you many choices regarding OCEANS’ use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. By contacting OCEANS’ marketing and communication team, you may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages from OCEANS and request that we not share your Personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which OCEANS has already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from OCEANS, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information:
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit OCEANS use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to OCEANS, you may contact the OCEANS’ marketing and communication team.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from a OCEANS database or otherwise let OCEANS know what limitations you would like to put on OCEANS use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
OCEANS is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. OCEANS does not target the digital asset to children less than fourteen (14) years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider, and by using the digital asset, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
We ask that you not send OCEANS, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the digital asset or otherwise to OCEANS.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement. Please take a look at the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the digital asset. Your use of the digital asset following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact OCEANS at OCEANS’ marketing & communication team, or please write to the following address:
OCEANS Conference Marketing Team
7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 300
McLean, VA 22102
Phone: (703) 506-2020