The OCEANS 2018 Charleston conference brings together 2,000 of the world’s leading marine professionals in an intimate and active coastal setting to network, collaborate, and learn about cutting-edge research, innovations, technologies, and applications in the marine technology and engineering fields.
- Over 500 technical presentations covering globally trending and ground-breaking technology & research topics.
- Plenary sessions featuring prominent Government and industry leaders on issues impacting the management of the health of our oceans, the resilience of our coasts and tying together the vast concept of connections among space, atmospheric, oceanic and coastal research and observations.
- Networking & collaboration with influencers and decision makers who drive the industry from government, military, supplier, and academic research and application. Charleston is home to multiple ocean and coastal research and management capabilities including the Southeast Coastal Ocean Observing System, and opportunities will exist to meet and expand relationships with NOAA, ONR the US Navy, and NASA. All will be represented in force.
- The most innovative and economic vendors and suppliers will be exhibiting and demonstrating existing and innovative new technology solutions for application challenges in marine vehicles, instrumentation and sensors, software and systems. All breaks and lunches will be held on the exhibit floor to further enhance the attendee/exhibitor interaction time and focus on technology solutions, and a special theater area will be established on the floor to support industry and business presentations.
- Activities and events highlighting local historic sites, coastal destinations, and the best of local cuisine will create opportunities to spend more time with colleagues and partners to grow relationships in a world-class setting known for hospitality.
- A robust Student Poster Competition and additional non-competitive student poster sessions, providing opportunities for exposure to the next generation of marine professionals serving businesses, academia, and government and other sectors.
Register today to take advantage of Early Bird pricing!
A region steeped in history, yet surprisingly cutting edge
Charleston, South Carolina checks all the boxes for hosting an extraordinary OCEANS Conference. The port city houses the headquarters of NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management, the federal agency tasked with the implementation of the Coastal Zone Management Act – keeping the natural environment, built environment, quality of life, and economic prosperity of our coastal areas in balance. The NOAA Office for Coastal Management also manages the Digital Coast – the industry’s go-to source for data, tools, partnerships, and training most needed by communities and industry in regards to coastal management. The area boasts active governmental, military, and academic research facilities and initiatives, providing new perspectives and practices for the industry, as well as untapped audiences for exhibitors. In addition to its industry pull, Charleston is a tourist’s dream. The city was voted the #1 US destination by the discerning readers of Condé Nast Traveler (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011) and Travel + Leisure (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013) magazines. You can’t go wrong by staying an extra day – with both your boss’s and your partner’s approvals.
Add the OCEANS Conference to your calendar
TAKE NOTE OF THESE IMPORTANT DATES
- January 5 | Call for Technical Abstracts Opens
- April 18 | Abstract submission Due
- June 12 | Notification to Authors
- July 2 | Student poster notifications
- July 31 | Tutorial Proposals Due
- August 8 | Tutorial Reviews Due
- August 15 | Tutorial notifications to Presenters
- August 15 | Final paper submission Due