OCEANS 2018 Charleston | October 22-25, 2018
Charleston Area Convention Center
Global thought leaders & innovators gather to learn from industry experts regarding the latest research, innovations, & technologies, discuss current environmental issues & policies, and collaborate to move the fields of marine technology & engineering forward.
• Over 500 technical papers delivered on cutting edge topics
• Unmatched networking opportunities with global colleagues
• Activities & events focused on the next generation of science & technologies
• Leading technology providers providing demos and exclusive offers
• The most robust Student Poster Competition in the world!
A region steeped in history, yet surprisingly cutting edge
Charleston, South Carolina was voted the #1 US destination by the discerning readers of Condé Nast Traveler (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011) and Travel + Leisure (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013) magazines. Charleston’s rich, 300-year nautical heritage stems from being a seaport city surrounded by beautiful resort islands. The Atlantic Ocean, Charleston Harbor and the destination’s many rivers and marshes create stunning vistas, and Charleston has become more cosmopolitan while retaining its human scale and unique Southern culture. Charleston features a celebrated dining scene with a steady supply of James Beard Award winning chefs, along with many amenities associated with cities four times its size, but accompanied by genuine hospitality. You can’t go wrong by staying an extra day.